Even before the birth of Christ there have been people who rise up as Leaders/Teacher, 'knowing' individuals, of a secret knowledge/truth that is available only to the sincere seekers. Once a person listens and embraces these secret teachings they think of themselves as superior spiritual souls to other spiritual/religious believers.
These Leaders appeal to the human desire to know something that think others are unable or unwilling to know.Once a person is won over to their journey of faith, they become in a sense puffed up with self-importance that they were advanced enough to see the light - to learn the secret of living that others are not seeing. It is very important to be wary of "secret teachings" that are only given to those who advance in a group with the concept of the more you are committed to the group the more you are entrusted by the Leader to know - the more knowledge you are told because you are evolving higher spiritually. These are age old teachings of Gnosticism.
Clearly, God's Word and Truth was taught openly in the public, nothing is kept a secret.Anyone who wants to know is told and all truths are available to all believers - regardless if the leaders/teachers in the church deem the person to be a new believer or a mature believer. All the truth we need in life is clearly written in the Bible. It is plainly spoken and ready to be studied by all people who desire to know God more and to have a more intimate relationship with him. In Christianity there should be no hierarchies of people - we are all God's children - we are all an important necessary part of the body of Christ - of the universal Christian Church.
Here I will list 7 very simple apologies (explanation of the teachings) of Biblical truths:
- A loving, ever-present, self-existant God created the good and perfect world.
- The world became corrupt through sin (what is evil and opposed to God).
- Adam- the 1st innocent man- became sinful yielding to temptation of the spiritual evil one who desires to be worshipped over God.
- Adam's fall- and ours - has been undone/reversed through the provision of the 2nd innocent man - Jesus Christ - the new adam.
- The physical body is not evil, nor is nature abounding in the world.
- At the last day, believers (who accept Christ act of grace to reconcile all to God and willing to live obedient to glorify God) will have both their bodies and soul raised from the dead.
- Believers will live with God FOREVER and ever into all eternity in a good and perfect place with no sin, temptation or corruption because the spiritual evil one and all of his spiritual workers (demons) will be cast into an everlasting place of containment - the fiery pit of hell.