A Motherly Moment - God Used Our Sickness For Our Good


My oldest son, Andrew and I went to the Dr today and found out we have strep. I had no idea that a person could have such a wide variety of painful symptoms with a strep infection. I am not sure I have ever ached this intensely over so many parts of my body. Our throats were the least of our pains. We tested negative for the flu, so we are starting a round of antibiotics. 



I want to share a tender moment with you:

Last night, Andrew and I were up because we had slept on and off all day. He asked me to snuggle with him on the sofa, as he watched a military history show. I place a pillow on his hip as he was laying on his side and rested my head on the pillow. I also placed my arm across the pillow. He reached down with his hand and gently rubbed my arm until I fell asleep. It was one of the most loving times we have ever shared. He has never expressed love to me in any tangible way. That tender stroking of my lower arm was so filling to my mother's heart. Before I fell asleep I thanked him repeatedly and expressed how much I deeply love him. Pray that this emerging show of affection/emotion is able to continue and grow in his heart. Pray that I am able to be full of grace, love and slowness in my responses/actions toward him. Pray that our relationship will be deepened and the spark that began will continue to burn. Most importantly, pray for him to be able to likewise take in the love I demonstrate to him.

This sickness that I shared with Andrew turned out to be a blessed event in our relationship. 

Once again God proves His truth and faithfulness to His Word. He is ever experientially increasing my faith, my ability to testify about Him and my growth in love/knowledge of Him. God used our sickness for His goodness in our life. God is so loving and good. When we walk with Him and trust Him, He turns the consequences of a sinful world in our favor. We truly can be blessed in sickness.

Romans 8: 28-29:  And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.  For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

A Mother's heart is always seeking to cultivate love in her child. While the mother-child relationship will change throughout life, a mother is always available to love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Premier Designs - A Different Kind of Company!

We Are a Nation of Citizens

5 minutes for Mom Ultimate Blog Party 2009