If you take the time to read a post, do you simply click and go away, or do you consider even placing a few words in a comment box?
|Do you LOVE comments?|
If you do not, what are the reasons that stop you:
- article/post too long - can't get through it so I can't comment
- article too controversial - you like to stay out of conflict, so you prefer not to comment
- you totally disagree with what is written - and you don't want to be negative
- it takes too much time - you barely have time to answer emails and get the laundry done
- you think it doesn't matter - with so many people writing blogs no one comments much
- shy, not a talker - you don't want to get embarrassed saying something silly or wrong
- Encouragement? Comments encourage both the writer and other readers.
- To make writing's clear and valuable? Comments helps a writer hone their writing to better serve those who visit and read. Comments make people a better blogger.
- Do you smile and say, "Hi"when you pass a person? Leaving a comment is often a nice way of saying Hi!, I am thinking about you, you matter.
- Ask questions? Comments are a great place to ask questions and get more information.
- Give examples or real life stories? This is a exactly what makes blogging better than printed work. It is interactive.
- Relationships? Blogs give us an amazing opportunity to talk with people from all over the world and relationships are most important in life.
- Relate? It is nice for the writer of a blog to know other's can relate to their experiences, and that they can relate to their visitors.