Islamphobic is a False Attack

What is the first thing a person is accused of if they speak out about Islam not being a moderate faith? They are called Islamphobic or Xenophobic or both. But is this a accurate description or just a label to make people coward away from speaking? It kind of reminds me of homophobic. 

Who is your cornerstone in life?

People who truthfully state the fact that God in His Word states that homosexual action is a sin are accused of being homophobic. Well that is about as logical as calling someone who states that God in His Word states that murder is a sin being called a "murder-phobic" person. 
"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God" (1Corinthians 6:9-10 NASB).


Today, in our policed first amendment right of freedom of speech, an American citizen has to choose words carefully to not be falsely attacked as hateful and fearful. You have to tip-toe around speaking what you really believe publicly, even if you are making statements of fact, not mere belief. And the ability to speak your beliefs are protected just as much as your ability to state facts by the First Amendment... at least it is suppose to protect it.

Indeed, the first amendment of the Constitution of the USA clearly protects citizens rights to speak freely... and this right should not be prohibited nor abridged, by Congress, Government, or social watchdogs.

Islamphobic means a fear of Islam. I have to tell you I do not fear Islam, Jihad, Mohammed, Muslims or anything/anyone else related to Islam. 

As a Christian we are taught by God's Holy Word to not fear those who can harm our body, but to fear (with holy reverence) Him who determines the eternity of our soul.

"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10:28 NASB)
At least 264 times God's Word tells Christians to "do not fear" and about 166 times His Word tells us to "do not be afraid." So basically I am not to fear nor be afraid, because I am to put my trust and faith in God. And since God is love, and perfect love cast out all fear, God residing in me cast out all fear if I am walking by faith and abiding in Him.

But also note, since God is love, I am to love God and people. Love does not mean I embrace sin... no love means I speak the truth in love imparting God's available grace to the hearer. Apart from God's salvation we are all condemned and not one Christian was not first a child of sin and disobedience. We must not be holier than thou. Speaking truth in love is not a sign of fear or hatred... it is a loving act because TRUTH will set people free from lies and sin.

So I reject these accusers, knowing Satan and his demons are the true accusers of lies. I will stand on truth, above lies. I will not let Satan  nor anyone else label me - because I know who I am in Christ. And I will continue to learn more about Islam to be educated. I will approach Islam with open eyes to determine for myself what it teaches its followers.

But I will reject all false gods, and false religion, unashamedly, because Jehovah of the Bible is the one and only true God. I didn't come up with that on my own... God makes that claim about Himself!
"And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life" ( 1John 5:20 NASB).

What do you think? Is speaking truth or seeking truth about Islam being in fear of Islam?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Premier Designs - A Different Kind of Company!

We Are a Nation of Citizens

5 minutes for Mom Ultimate Blog Party 2009