Apple says Christians are "objectionable and potentially harmful"

This is my letter I sent to Steve Jobs and Apple:

Dear Steve Jobs and Apple:
Apple has wonderful products. It is one of the few companies that still produce QUALITY items. And I love supporting USA companies.
Apple statement Against Christians!
It greatly saddens me that the Manhattan Declaration has been told that Christians are objectionable and potentionally harmful. Frankly anyone with a strong believe can be considered objectionable to those who don't agree. I find much material, shows, movies, songs, books, people and groups to be objectionable to me and my values, but I don't want to censor or squash their right to freedom of speak and expression. 
And sadly, everyone can be potentionally harmful. While we all want to be considered kind, loving, caring, we all have within us the ability to harm ourselves and others. 
Let me make this clear. I have been a believer in God through Jesus for over 25 years. I am opinionated but I am trying to learn to speak in love, and I never want to harm someone. I want to love people. I think you will overwhelmingly find most Christians are like this. 
If you have been hurt by Christians individuals I am very sorry, so have I. But I think we all need to give each other grace because no one is perfect.
Please reconsider your decision about the Manhattan Declaration app being removed for the available options to purchase for your iphone and other products.

If you want to send an email, use this sjobs@apple.com

I am really sad about this because I was wanting to buy an apple laptop for my next computer. If you are unfamiliar with the Manhattan Declaration look at it, Manhattandeclaration.org. Here are the points in the declaration:
We are Christians!
Because the sanctity of human life, the dignity of marriage as a union of husband and wife, and the freedom of conscience and religion are foundational principles of justice and the common good, we are compelled by our Christian faith to speak and act in their defense. In this declaration we affirm:
 1)   the profound, inherent, and equal dignity of every human being as a creature fashioned in the very image of God, possessing inherent rights of equal dignity and life;
 2)   marriage as a conjugal union of man and woman, ordained by God from the creation, and historically understood by believers and non-believers alike, to be the most basic institution in society and;
3)   religious liberty, which is grounded in the character of God, the example of Christ, and the inherent freedom and dignity of human beings created in the divine image.
Just wanted you to be informed. What do you think about Apple doing this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Premier Designs - A Different Kind of Company!

We Are a Nation of Citizens

5 minutes for Mom Ultimate Blog Party 2009