Out With The Old


Do you have junk? Not the kind inside your soul, but in your personal surroundings. Do you ever think about how stuff can weigh you down, hold you back, keep you from being all that God created you to be?

Old Items with New Purpose
This is exactly what God is teaching me. I went on a craze, almost a passionate obsession of seeing everything as re-usable. It sounds really green to be recycling old things into new usable items, and a lot of fun. My only problem is a kept picking up broken, discarded, unwanted items and saw a purpose for them, a new life. (Sounds like some people I know, llike me...)

Maybe that is why I had such an overall compassion for seeing the good in what most regarded as trash. But collecting trash, old, broken, worn-out, needy things doesn't work if you never have the time or energy to spend with each item to allow it to become a usable treasure. It just stays junk.

I think God is showing me quite a few spiritual applications in my life, but I don't want to spoil the applications that He may be bringing to your mind. Have you been here?

Today I feel great because I was able to fill up two cars with the "old" stuff in my garage and the recipients were so grateful. It was a delight to me, being able to release what is burying me, to allow someone else the opportunity to give it a new life. "You could make money on this," Michael sincerely spoke. "No, no, no, I want to give freely of what I have and in turn God will bless me." I said with delight.

Michael returned from his car with a gift... a large basket-like collection of bath soaps/lotions/salts. Oh, I was so surprised with the instant blessing flowing back. It is just God's way.

"Thank you, thank you, come back and get more anytime. Thank you," I called out as the two young adults pulled out of my driveway. It is refreshing to let go.... Out with the Old... and no, I will not be bringing in anything new. It is time to reduce, not replace.

Have you been doing this lately? Do you need anything that I might have.... you never know?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Premier Designs - A Different Kind of Company!

We Are a Nation of Citizens

5 minutes for Mom Ultimate Blog Party 2009