- Put food color and water in spray bottle and play as you would with sidewalk chalk.
- Use a black piece of paper like construction paper and catch the flakes to see how each are different -use to teach how creative our God is.
- Make small or miniature snowmen on desk or patio close to windows so children can watch from inside. Use twigs for decorating.
- Use pails, shovels, shapes as you would on the beach with sand to make designs.
- Have a snow ball fight (lots of snow lands on cars).
- Take the first crunchy walks onto the snow making a path (this is so fun! early in morning after night snowfall)
- SnowAngels are fun to make and easy! (try to do last, because back side can get wet and cold.
- Collect some to put in freezer and look at another day. (don't eat...can have dirt/pollution/ etc in it...unless you live in country/rural area and you know area is clean)
- Mom's favorite - when everyone comes in have homemade hot chocolate (or instant with marshmallows) use milk, not water. I make while every is taking wet clothes off in bathroom and putting dry clothes on.
(playful snowmen picture by juanarreo at www.morguefile.com)