Habla Espanol

Man, what is going on in this country? I just went to McD to get my dd fries ($1 ones) and a sundae. "I am sorry our machine is broken" The machine is always broken...every time we come to this McD that ice cream and shake machine is broken...."Are ya'll ever going to get it fixed?" "I don't work at this store...I am just helping out..." Great..we will just have fries...I want to leave but my dd really loves McD fries...and it would major bum her to leave so I pull through to pay my $1.10....yes, we have 10% sales tax.

We arrive at the window to give my money...."Can I have McD's phone number and this store #?" "I don't work at this store" fine...I pull up...my daughter looks confused and says: "What is she doing there if she doesn't work there?" shrug...and move up more....

I look at the brick wall...it's dirty...chewed gum stuck here and there...I look forward...trash is all over the parking lot and against the curb by the drive-thru...what is happen to America....it is totally falling apart....fast food places or so poorly staffed....everything is so dirty...McD's just isn't what it used to be....it is going down the tubes fast....

I pull up to the window to get my food....and wait...and wait...the middle aged Hispanic lady is frustrated....jabbering something in Spanish...flinging her hands around...Am I in America?....I look in the window...there is so much trash behind the counter ....like about 10 feet of receipts..dipping sauce...trash...more paper....another lady is just standing at the front counter without a customer....fry guy is mad at window lady...he speaks back disrespectfully in English to window lady...she jabbers again in Spanish and leaves out of the open door behind the counter and picks up a mop ....she starts mopping the restaurant....

Fryguy: "The window lady left...I have nobody in the window" "Where did she go" "I don't know" "Nobody is at the window" "Where is she" "I don't know...." "Hey, what do I do ....the window lady is gone..." "Where is she..." "She is mopping the restaurant..."

In she comes talking in Spanish to a person in the back of the restaurant....saying something in Spanish as she waves her hands around....

Manager comes to the window. "What did you order?" "One small bag of fries...and may I please have the number to McD and the store number." "What is the problem?" "May I please have # to McD and store #" "Well can I help you?" "I just need the # to McD and the store #" "I am the mgr and I just got here...let me solve it here...just tell me what happen...." "I just want the # to McD and the store #" "The number is on the bag...and the store # is 428" "Thank you." She hand me the bag with fries....."The lady was speaking to him in Spanish...I don't suppose he speaks Spanish..(mgr indicates no) and young man was totally disrespectful to someone twice his age." Window lady tells me.."thank you"...seems pleased that I told mgr that fry guy was disrespectful....Oh,...just noticed she does understand and speak some English...doesn't phase her that she was taking Spanish to someone who doesn't speak her language....

What is America coming to....I'm told that "they are just taking jobs that Americans don't want..." I know plenty of teenagers that can't get jobs....no one will hire them....a lot of the young guy jobs...paper route....grass cutting...fast food work ...construction help....is already taken by people that don't often speak English. My ds, 15, was told by a few places to not even apply until after he was 16....and he really wanted to work this summer....he is not alone.

Anyone been in Wal-mart lately....in our city it looks like little Mexico...even all the workers are Hispanic....I have nothing against people of different Nationalities....I love to meet people from all over the world...I think it is so interesting to find out about them and their background....but this is different....it just feels a little like foreign occupation or something....I am tired of looking at boxes in stores...and I have flip it around and around to find the information in English. I think I still live in America....sometimes I get so frustrated looking for information in English I just drop it back on the shelf and pick up something that is in English....am I the only one that thinks this is a little weird?

Habla Espanol? Well, I guess I will go leave an e-mail for McD....why do I waste my time...I will just get some form response...sorry about your blah-blah incident....blah- blah. Hope to see you back at McD....

With my dc you can count on it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Premier Designs - A Different Kind of Company!

We Are a Nation of Citizens

Mystery Reunions in the Age of Social Media